Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday. Oh Wednesday.

Happy Wednesday!

This is the moon that woke me up this morning. 
This is a photo taken from my phone while lying all snuggled in bed.  It was so bright it was streaming through the window blinds.  Amazing and what a way to start the day. 

I would consider myself more of a morning person because I much prefer to wake up in the dark and watch as the rest of the world slowly comes to life than stumble out of bed late in the morning and feel rushed because the day has already started without me.  However, this winter I'm finding myself longing to just stay in a dark bed all day.  I must've been a bear in a former life because nothing makes me happier than long sleeps and grazing all day. 

Today is a random musing because while I long for a good winter's sleep these few things came across my path yesterday and they make the doldrums of January just a little more bearable. 

1.  The new Anthropologie catalog arrived and these two things caught my attention.  I'm not sure I could wear them in public without looking foolish but they make me smile. 
This blouse  makes me smile and this skirt is longing for a walk in the park or a tea party.  I'm not a great crocheter at all but this pullover makes me want to learn how.  Maybe the ticket during January is crafting pullovers? 

2.  Here are two easy tips to freshen up that winter skin that were published in this months Women's Day magazine. 

Use baking soda to exfoliate your face!  Make a thin paste with 4 tsp baking soda and 1 Tbsp water, let it sit for 2 minutes, then apply it in small, circular motions to your moistened face and neck.  After 3 minutes, rinse clean with warm water and then follow up with a splash of cold water to close your pores.  Finish with a dollop of your regular daily moisturizer. 

If you have dry patches use fresh lemons to remove the dead skin!  The citric acid removes said cells to expose softer skin below.  Slice a lemon in half and rub the cut side over your elbows, heels or knees for a few seconds then rinse.  Apparently you'll notice a difference immediately. 

3.  I simply MUST go and check this out.  So elegant and pretty!  There is a shop at 864 Madison Avenue here in NYC.  Personally, I think a nice pastry or a beautiful soap or a lovely candle go the extra mile when giving a gift.

Wishing you a lovely Wednesday.  We'll get through the doldrums of winter together darlings.

Bussi Bussi!








No comments:

Post a Comment