Friday, January 27, 2012

Das Love List #4 and #5

Buon Friday Darlings,

Colds and fevers have been running rampant like the plague in our house this past week.  I think we are all finally on the mend but it was a snotty and rough week.  Today is catch up time so you get TWO lists! 

1.  Tylenol.  It really is the cure all for all that ails for all age groups.  Thankfully I always keep a stash in the house.

2.  Puffs Plus with Lotion.  I only have a few dry spots on my nose as opposed to the usual red schnaz that looks like you took an electric sander to it.

3.  The Roku Box.  Thank you Jesus for being able to stream movies.  Granted, I've watched Lion King probably 25 times this week but it's keeping us sane and entertained. 

4.  The blender.  Das Toddler and I have been making amazing smoothies for our morning snacks.  Yum all around and she eats her entire serving.  A miracle considering toddlers can be picky eaters and you have no idea when/how much they will eat when they do.  She has a discerning palate so it can be tricky to sneak veggies into solid food but smoothies cover up all manners of mischief :) 

5.  Steak.  A big apology to my vegetarian friends but I love me my steak.  It takes no time to cook up, you just need a little S&P and no extra oil and presto.  Instant dinner.  This is especially important when you have sickies in the house and you are starving and need something on the fly.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

6.  Long soaks in the tub with Epsom salts and Menthol infused bath soap.  This is the best way to soothe achy muscles and to clear out the nasal pipes.  Again, anyone from ages 2-92 can indulge in this little bit of heaven.

How about you darlings?  Any favorites for when you are under the weather? 

No comments:

Post a Comment