Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Das Love List #9

Happy Wednesday Lovelies! 

Today is a week rough because I didn't sleep well and das Toddler didn't want to take a nap.  Argh!  So what's a gal to do on a day when she is slogging along with half open eyes? 

1.  Matchbook Magazine!  This free, online magazine is the bees knees.  There are so many fun and whimsical ideas contained in these FREE online pages.  So, so, so great. 

2.  The Mists of Avalon!  A friend gave me this book years ago.  It took me a long time to sit down and start reading it and now I can't put it down.  Warning-it takes a little effort to get started and the language is thick so if you are a fast reader you may need to slow the gears down a touch so you don't miss anything.  This fantastic tale of the Arthurian legend is very pro female and for the record, Gwenhwyfar is on my last nerve.  Every time she enters the scene I get twitchy (a good sign that the story if captivating!).  The book is 800 plus pages long and I'm on page 611 and can't wait to pick it up again. 

3.  New Girl.  I used to be a big Gleek but now that show grates on me.  But quirky cute Jess?  Yes please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment