Thursday, February 16, 2012

Alphabet Challenge-Letter B

Hello Friends!
It's Day Two of our Alphabet List Challenge.  (Remember, the goal is to come up with at least 10 words starting with the letter of the day.  Fun and nonsensical on an overcast day).

Today is brought to you by the letter B. 

1.  Buttons.  I just love the idea of buttons and they are so much fun. I have jars of antique buttons displayed in my home and they make me smile.  Of course, I'm still cooking up the perfect button craft but in the meantime I'll just enjoy the different colors and shapes. 
2.  Baubles.  What a fun word.  It is very descriptive and full of whimsy. 
3.  Baba.  This is the name for "Daddy" in our house and our Baba rocks. 
4.  Bread.  Fresh bread is the greatest thing on the planet.  Full stop.   
5.  "Blaze of Glory".  Not only is this is a Bon Jovi song and I secretly heart him but the phrase just cracks me up.  The image is very clear and we think of it as the final, glorious, full strength moment before the fire goes out.  However, this is a recent phenomenon.  In the past it was used to describe sunsets and the first recorded use of the phrase possibly comes from the poem The Hind and The Panther (1686) by Dryden.  "They throne is darkness in the abyss of light/ A blaze of glory that forbids the sight."
6.  Bright.  I like bright and bold colors.  Pastel schmastel!
7.  Bach.  Sigh.  Nothing makes me happier than plunking through Bach Preludes and Fugues on the organ.  The man was incredible and there are little mystery harmonies in his music that tickle the ears. 
8.  Bowtie.  A man in a bowtie is quite something.  It gets my blood racing.  Hubby, take note.
9.  Braids.  Maybe it's my swiss roots but braids are fantatsic.  Frieda Kahlo had some rockin braids too. 
10.  Beer.  If I do ever decide to imbibe, which is rarely, I prefer beer or port. 

Happy Day Darlings!

Bussi Bussi.

No comments:

Post a Comment