Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Das Love List #14

Happy Tuesday Friends!

I've been suffering from a case of the "creative meh's" lately.  My desire for all things crafty is waning.  Maybe it's the weather or the time of year.  Who knows but rest assured that I'm not giving up hope and I'm just going to wait for the muse to return.  In the meantime I'm currently enjoying these three creative outlets and hoping that these will provide the necessary shot in the creative arm I'm looking for.

1.  J.S. Bach.  I'm pushing myself to practice and play more of his works each week on the organ.  My dream is to only play Bach during Lent.  Not only did this man have an INCREDIBLE output of music but his harmonically rich music is full of little treasures in the way of interesting harmonic surprises and messages.  It is so satisfying to play.
 2.  Lomography.  I stumbled upon this by accident because there is a Lomography store and gallery by my church.  Digital pictures are awesome and great when you have kids but there is something magical about analog.  The fish eye cameras and action sampler cameras are reasonably priced and could add a little zing to your spring.  You can check out more here.     
3.  Matisse's 'Goldfish' is one of my favorite paintings and it currently hangs in my bathroom so I can take a few moments to look at it each morning.  In my ideal world this is the perfect combination of colors and I just love the lines.  Le Sigh.

An extra special birthday wish to Mr. Dickens today.  He has some quotes that are real downers but perhaps this will inspire you during the doldrums of winter:

"With affection beaming out of one eye, and calculation shining out of the other."

Bussi Bussi!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment