Thursday, February 9, 2012

Das Love List #16

Friends!

Today I had a great date with a wonderful person.....MOI!  Me, Myself and I had a grand ol' time out on the town.  It was wonderful to do things at my own pace and to treat myself.  Lunch at Le Pain Quotidien was wonderful.  I relaxed over a lovely quiche and latte while reading some more in Oddfellow's Orphanage. Chapter 6 is particularly wonderful.  It's the chapter on haircuts, and anyone who knows me well knows how much I obsess over hair.  The children get their hair cut twice a year on solstice and then the Golden Rule Committee volunteers to help clean up the clippings.  Fantastic. 

I then went to see The Artist.  Double Fantastic.  I laughed, I cried....I ate a lot of popcorn.....
There really is nothing better than going to the movies by yourself.  I remember a few years back that a co-worker couldn't believe that anyone would ever go to the movies by themselves!  Oh the shame.  But you know what?  Not only do I love going to see movies but I almost prefer going by myself.  And if you go during the day it's just you and the seniors so 99% of the time you get a row all to yourself.  You can spread out, focus on the film and you don't have to share your popcorn. 

To top my day off I enjoyed a small dish of rainbow sherbert while bummeling around the neighborhood.  In my humble opinion, sherbert tastes better when you are bundled up in your winter gear and outside.

I think it is super, super, super important to be able to spend time alone and it is so much fun to take yourself out.  It calms the mind and if you don't set up any time constraints or restrictions on the day it's amazing to see where your instincts take you.  Many years ago I read The Artist's Way and the author advocates taking yourself out solo once a week for an artist date.  It can be anywhere to do anything as long as you take yourself out for pleasure and explore something that interests you.  The theory is that it will spark creativity, encourage play and feed your inner well.  Just don't put too much popcorn in your inner well.  I found out the hard way that my iron stomach isn't what it use to be.  Oops.  

Buon almost Friday darlings!

Bussi Bussi!  

No comments:

Post a Comment