Monday, February 6, 2012

Das Love List #12 & #13

Happy Monday Friends!

Did you watch the Superbowl last night?  Congrats to The Giants and hooray NY!  Admittedly, I went to bed early and only 1/2 watched the game but it was still fun and Madonna?!  Dear Lord talk about inspiration!  Great show, she rocked it and she looks amazing.  Say what you will about The Material Girl but she works hard.

Today is a mish-mash of love:

1.  I'm loving this color! And who knew you could order nail polish super cheap on Amazon?  Good to know.

2.  I just heard the funniest phrase on the news this morning, "Winner, winner chicken dinner".  Very funny and cute.

3.  It's going to be 51 degrees today on the East Coast.  Mild, mild weather and I'm loving it!  Yes, I'd like some snow but if I can't have snow then I'll take long walks in the sunshine.

4.  There is something wonderful to be said for making decisions that benefit your mental and physical health and an extra special dose of wonderful when some of those decisions are tough ones to make.  I would venture to guess that many of us are like to please other people and it can be tough to stick up for ourselves but you know what?  You've only got one life to live darlings.  
So why do I bring this up today?  One of my favorite blog writers, http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/, decided to quit blogging.  She had a very successful 3 year run and I found her writing to be inspiring, fresh and honest.  It's a shame for us but kudos to her for taking the reigns of her own mental health.  Here's a fun stunt for the day......find something that's weighing you down and say NO! 

5.  Sad to see Bonzai go but one of my other favorite blogs is still up and running.  http://www.themodernmarigold.com/.  This blog is so simple but there is something about the craft projects or musing about children or simple quotes that I find so comforting, inspiring and sweet.

6.  Emily Winfield Martin has the best new book out-Oddfellow's Orphanage.  The story is so sweet and the illustrations are top notch.  Das Toddler is a little young for it but I'm certainly enjoying it and hopefully she'll sit still soon long enough to enjoy it too!

Wishing you a lovely day darlings.  Buon Monday!

Bussi Bussi!

No comments:

Post a Comment