Friday, February 3, 2012

Das Love List #10 & #11

Happy Friday Friends!

Yesterday I got to do one of my favorite things.  I 'bummeled a piedi' all over Queens and Manhattan.  Walking is one of my favorite things to do and nothing beats strolling all over the city.  If we were ever to move out of the city or to a farm (shriek!) the one thing I would miss about living in the concrete jungle would be walking around and checking out all of the hidden treasures. 

This is an converted warehouse in Astoria and I just love the old type on the sign.  I want to know who walked in that non-descript side door to order posters!  

These were on the sidewalk at a local florist and I just love the precious little flowers.  So sweet!

Flushed cheeks from fresh air!  The best. 

I wasn't quick enough on the draw to get a good picture but that is a cat in a carrier strapped to a suitcase carrier.  The old man was rolling kitty all over queens and kitty didn't seem to mind.  I know the plastic bag is someone's 'home' on the sidewalk in front of the post office.  Only in an urban environment! 

Someone addes the purse and hands to this poster with a sharpie.  So funny.  I had to do a double take. 

Thursday is nail day and I couldn't resist a little orange on the toes and splash of red on the nails. 

1 comment:

  1. There are many treasures in the country just as there are in the city or even the suburbs. As somebody who grew up in a city (Minneapolis) and now lives in an old prairie town and wanders the countryside sometimes I can tell you there are many treasures to discover. God's creation and the creatures he's made and the stuff that we've made and are making are all wonderful treasures to discover,
    Pax
    John

    ReplyDelete