Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude and Thankfulness-Day Twenty-Eight

Yarn AND nature?  Yes please. 
Dear Friends,

I'm feeling a random list of gratitude this morning.  Today's list is the result of three things that have happened in the last 24-48 hours: 

1.  The fundraiser concert at church was amazing.  Over 400 hungry people were fed and the line to get in was around the block.  Families came dressed in their best to enjoy wonderful food and for the opportunity to actually celebrate a decent Thanksgiving together.  (Sad that there are so many hungry tummies but hooray that GA was able to provide in such abundance. We also had 80 volunteers.  That's 80 people who feel the call to serve and that is awesome-sauce). 
2.  We all have colds.  But, I can run to the cupboard and pull out the Tylenol and cough drops and get lots of fresh, clean water from my tap to make tea. 
3.  I woke up snug-as-a-bug in my cave of a bedroom this morning after a wonderful evening of rest.  And you know what topped it off?  I had a sweet text from a dear friend this morning. 

Life isn't all roses and candy (or as I prefer to say coffee and yarn).  But, yowzaa.  Blessing abound and if you start to tick them off it blows your mind.  It really is the little things and those little things add up to big things and those big things......you get the idea. 

Another important reminder is the power of community and good friends.  I've heard people say that we come into this world alone and die alone so it doesn't make any sense to cultivate any sort of community.  While I understand the thinking I'm not sure what you are supposed to do with yourself between birth and death.  If you live to the average age of 75 then according to my calculations that equates to 75 years of loneliness.  Again, life isn't all roses and caca happens and people hurt us.  But that really is just a smaller part to a larger adventure and a side effect of a life well lived.  And if the chips are really down?  Make a gratitude starting with cough-drops, coffee, yarn and text messages.  

Hugs and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment