Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gratitude and Thankfulness-Day Eleven

Happy Saturday Friends!

I'm in a really great mood today.  This isn't earth shattering news because most of the time I am in a good mood but for some reason today it's off the charts.  Even the scary surprise at the bottom of the refrigerator didn't phase me.  (I'm predicting some serious kitchen cleaning today).  Either the coffee just kicked in or the universe is shifting or......but watch out!

Because the joy cannot be contained I have a 'Le List of Thanks' for today.  

When das Toddler gets excited she does a little dance.  How cool is that.  I dare you to shake your booty when you get excited today.  I double dare you.  Triple dog dare you!

I just wasn't able to get a chance to sit down to watch "Give Me The Banjo" last night.  I scoured the PBS TV Guide for future showings and they were all at
12:30 am or 3:00 am.  While I can get up at 3:00 am to watch Royal Weddings I just couldn't fathom mustering the energy for this.  Boo.  HOWEVER, I found the ENTIRE episode online here and am now counting down the minutes til nap time.  Technology can be a mixed bag but today I'm grateful for living in the 21st Century. 

Today is the first day I don't have to get up early to go to a swimming class and probably won't have to get up early for another swimming class until spring.  (Insert Happy Dance).  Yes, swimming skills are important and we have fun splashing in the pool but I've spent the last 2 years, stripping down, getting into cold pools and trying to be super positive while getting a very stubborn someone to kick/blow bubbles/lie on her back etc.  Sometimes that hardest thing about being a parent is being so upbeat
All. The. Time.  At least today I can be upbeat without wearing a bathing suit. 

The United States Postal Service gets a bad rap but let me tell you something of awesome-sauce greatness.  They redeliver your packages and you can schedule this on the internet.  Most of America doesn't have to worry about this but If you are an urban dweller this is an amazing gift.  No more waiting in line with a bunch of grumps (seriously, you know the lines are going to be long and slow so check the nastiness at the door).  I can wait at home today for my package of books.  Which leads me to......

Books!  I love books.  I always have a few going at a time.  I love researching in non-fiction, reading dramas and period pieces, whimsical tales and craft books.  It keeps the mind stimulated and helps when you must accept that fact that you are not destined to watch "Give Me The Banjo" on a Friday night. 

How about your darlings?  Do you have a "Le List of Thanks"? 

Cheers-GM

PS-There is this thing called "Flashback Friday" going around where people post pics from the past.  I'm instigating a new one called Silly on a Saturday.  Check out this kindergarten pic of yours truly!



No comments:

Post a Comment