Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gratitude and Thankfulness- Day Twelve

Oh Blessed Extra Hour Of Sleep! How I love thee! A love that lasts a lifetime!

Happy Spirit Sunday Friends.

Today I'm grateful for evolution. What!? On a Spirit Sunday you ask? I'm not talking about the snails to apes to man theory here. I'm talking about the evolution of you.

Now, I'm not trying to sound
wishy-washy/hippy-dippy/new-agey on y'all and I have some serious issues with this idea of pure self reliance and crawling into ourselves while life is happening around us. Phooey! Life happens folks! We are social creatures! There is power in community!

In plain phraseology Shit Happens. Change is tough and can be hard. Things grow and blossom and things die. Cellular tissue is constantly dying and regenerating. Amazing when you think about it.

I've spent countless hours hemming and hawing about many things that are not or did not happen. How many hours have I spent on self improvement? Probably as many hours as it would take for me to walk from New York to San Francisco. I had a revelation this week that self improvement means that something is wrong with me and needs to be fixed. Surely Ye Jest! Friends, I'm fine and the bad news is that you are too-ha ha! Stop with the hemming and hawing and evolve already. The past is important because it made you the cool human being you are today. But it's the past. Live now. Let the past die and move on already.

Have a little faith, know that grace is awesome-sauce, give thanks and enjoy this amazing life. And if you catch me buying one more self help book you have my permission to squirt me with a water bottle like the bad kitty that I am.

Cheers!

PS-Good luck to all the NYC marathoners today! Talk about an evolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment