Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cyber Adventskalendar-Day 15


Dear Friends,

Today is a bit of a rambling post because I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  I know I've been jumping on the soapbox of peace and tranquility this Holiday season but I too am getting sucked into the madness.  The Christmas cards aren't even close to being done, there's church music to plan, I'm behind on cleaning, most of the shopping has been finished but will it all arrive in time and when will I get things out the door, I haven't made one cookie and let's not even talk about the Gray Beastie.  Argh.  I know the saying is "when times are tough the tough get going" when I think "when times are tough it's time for eggnog and a nap".  I think it's time for a realistic regrouping of what's possible to finish and what can wait.  It just isn't realistic for me to function on 3 hours of sleep a night and why should we ring in Christmas delirious and with tendinitis from continuous stretches of panic induced knitting?  Sorry Dad, but the Beastie is coming with The Wisemen.

How about you?  Feeling overwhelmed? 

I have three completely random things to share today that make me smile and remind me that it's all going to be OK!

How sweet is this tree?  My dear friend send me this picture of her Christmas tree yesterday.  It's actually a rosemary bush and I can only imagine how fragrant it is.  Look at those mastroyka dolls!  5 Stars!  

This just cracks me up.  My parents sent this photo a few weeks ago entitled "Weather Report" and it was taken from our balcony.  Mother Nature, I'm desperate for snow in NYC and could you please bust a move?  I think my knitting would go much faster and those cards would mail themselves if I had a little blanketing of white to inspire me.  Thanks.  

I discovered this cute movie Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on instant Netflix yesterday and it is the ticket.  Puppets?  River boats?  Folk tunes?  Jug bands?  A bitchy fox named Gretchen? Going above and beyond for our loved ones?  Extra optimism?  YES PLEASE. 

Buon Thursday darlings and as the British Government said in 1939 "Keep Calm and Carry On". 

No comments:

Post a Comment