Saturday, October 22, 2011

Use It Up, Wear It Out, Make It Do or Do Without-Day Seven

Happy Saturday!
 
Are you doing something fun and enjoying this amazing weather that we are having?  Let's talk about "Use It Up" Tips.  Do you have anything up your sleeve that you do to make the most of what you have before it runs out?  One of my favorite things is scented body wash and handsoap.  When it's given it's all I fill the container up with hot water, give it a good shake to get the last of those precious suds and then use it to clean out my toilet.  Voila!  A toilet that smells like Warm Vanilla Sugar.  Another of my favorite tricks is when I'm cooking with tomato paste/tomatos in a can/tomato sauce in a jar.  When I've emptied it into the pot then I take a splash of water, or broth or wine to rinse out the remains right into the recipe.  You don't need a lot of extra liquid but it's amazing how much is still stuck on the sides.  Someone I used to work with told me about cutting the tops off her lotion bottles and scraping out what's left.  It might be worth it to buy a tiny, inexpensive scraper from a kitchen store for just such a project.  My Mom, when cooking with eggs, will scrape out the shell with her finger to get every last bit of egg white. 
 
I've love to hear your tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment