Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gratitude and Thankfulness-Day Two

Leave in the yard in Montana


Happy Thursday Friends,

The temps are starting to drop in the East and it is DARK in the morning.  I love getting up in the wee hours because the world is so quiet and I'm fresh and recharged from a good nights sleep.  When it's dark and cold it can be a bit of a trudge from the bedroom to the kitchen to plug in the percolator for that first cup of precious coffee (keep in mind I live in a small place so we are talking maybe a 40 foot commute here).  But you know what the best thing is in the morning and what I'm grateful and thankful for today?  Hot showers.  What a precious gift!  Nothing perks a gal up quite like that hot water running over your head and body.  Add a nice smelling soap and you have a small piece of heaven on earth.  It's especially humbling considering that, according to the WaterAid America website, 884 million people in the world don't have access to clean water. 

Those of you who know me well know that one of my passions is working with Water Is Life-Kenya.  Every year I co-produce a fundraiser concert to benefit this amazing organization with Musical Offerings (a non-for-profit, grassroots company I co-founded to produce fundraiser concerts for charities-check us out on Facebook).  The founder of Water Is Life-Kenya is a dear friend and it's so much fun to help support her work and especially when that work is benefiting some of the worlds neediest.  Plus she's just a great person.   

All of that aside, I want you to consider how much of a blessing a hot shower is.  So basic and simple and yet a real gift.  Let the water gently roll over you and shout out a prayer of thanks. 

Happy Day and Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment