Tuesday, October 11, 2011

5 Days of Opposite-Day Two



Good Morning Friends,

Happy Tuesday!  Thanks to dear friend for posting this picture on Facebook.  Don't you wish you could have a stack of cards like this in your pocket to hand out to people?  I'd love a set to hand out to my neighbors who stomp around in their apartment and listen to loud music at 3:30 am while having loud 'relations'.  Oh my.  I can say with confidence that we are all lovely people but sometimes I feel like I'm smiling and nodding so much that I'm starting to get a crick in my neck.  For just for one day it would be such fun to be a raving bitch without any of the consequences.  Sigh.

Today I give you permission to speak your mind.  Maybe handing out nasty-grams isn't the best approach but it's OK to stick up for yourself a little.  If you need to confront someone today step aside in private, take 10 minutes in your imagination to just rip into them and think all sorts of nasty.  Just even thinking about being a you-know-what can give you that little bit of extra confidence that you need.  Then speak to them with firm kindness but also take the time to really listen. 

Good luck and may the nasty force be with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment