Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gratitude and Thanksfulness-Day Four

Happy Saturday Darlings,

The last 24 hours has been a whirlwind of research & discovery for this Church Lady.  I have so many things to share and so much that I'm grateful for that I'm not sure where to start so I think the best bet is to spread the wealth over a few posts, deal? 

Today I'm particularly thankful and grateful for good friends.  Not to count out family because I'm super lucky that not only is everyone pretty great but we all get along.  However, that's for another post.  I have a wonderful small circle of fantastic people in my life that has blessed me with their friendship.  I'm not talking about people I get along with really well or people that I'm friendly with.  I'm talking about the truest of the true friends here.  They cheer me on, drop everything if I need help no matter how crazy their lives are, they are funny, intelligent, beautiful, creative, nurturing, they keep me in check, ask interesting questions about the world, are adventurous, and just overall
awesome-sauce.  Really.  You can't get much better than that.

I have a love/hate relationship with living in New York (partly because I really want a cottage in the country with sheep-knitting on the hoof-but I digress).  One of THE biggest drawbacks is that everyone on both sides of the family lives so far away that some serious travel is required to see anyone.  It's a real bummer, especially when you have a little sweet-pea.  No one can replace grandparents and aunts and uncles, but a good and true friend sure comes in a close second.  Thank you dear friends! 

A man's Growth is seen in the successive choirs of his friends. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Buon weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment