Friday, May 3, 2013

A is for Action: Day 2/3




Happy Friday Friends!

Isn't ironic that I promoting a month of action and I missed a day of blogging?!  The day got away from me and I thought I'd post after the kiddos had fallen asleep but I ended up conked out.  Oh well.  Better to get enough sleep and stay healthy I say!

By accident this ended up being appropriate because I want to focus on where I/we are at this very moment in our life journey.  The idea struck me when I was listening to the latest podcast at Our Hen House.  The guest Rory Freedman was talking about her animal activism and how it had shifted from being aggressive to acknowledging where people are in their journey.  It got me thinking that it is so important to realize that you are at a particular 'place' in your life today (good or bad) and that is OK.  If you choose not to take full stock of where things stand how can you come up with an action plan?  On a personal note I do not meditate, I don't believe in fate or Karma, I think manifesting destinies is a crock, and I do not believe that we are in this world alone.  I do believe that life has many chapters, journeys, and paths and that choices have consequences.  I also believe in personal responsibility, in self-love, in hard work, and as best as possible acknowledging where you are today with zero judgement.  It's perfectly OK to say "I'm starting from a place of being broke or rich/thin or fat/hating my job/needing a career change/loving my job/hating my life/loving my life/my life is a complete cuss-storm".  Again, take full stock.  And let me throw this out there too.  If you look at your list and it's all negatives find one thing that is working well now.  I'd bet the farm that you can find at least one thing that is working even if it's "My jeans today are awesome".  Make a list, start a journal, make a home-video.  Something.  Let me close with this too.  It's not all hopeless.  Now that you've taken stock, drag your butt over to the mirror, look at yourself, and say something NICE out loud.  Seriously.  It can be "God my life stinks but at least my butt looks awesome in these jeans".  Excellent.  Now we can act.

Bussi, bussi and I'll see you tomorrow.

As a doctor, let me tell you what self-love does:
It improves your hearing, your eyesight, lowers your blood pressure, increases pulmonary function, cardiac output, and helps wiring the musculature. So, if we had a rampant epidemic of self-love then our healthcare costs would go down dramatically. So, this isn’t just some little frou-frou new age notion, oh love yourself honey. This is hardcore science.
 
Dr. Christiane Northrop 







No comments:

Post a Comment